All Late Nite Labs simulations are browser based software applications. This method of distribution has many benefits, including ease of access for students and course administrators, no installation headaches, minimal setup requirements.
Check your Browser: https://labs.latenitelabs.com/test
Internet Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome (Windows or Mac), recommended browser
- Internet Explorer version 10 or higher (Windows)
- FireFox version 3 or higher (Windows or Mac)
- Latest version of Adobe Flash (see notes below)
- Pop-up blockers must be turned off (see notes below)
- Windows XP/VISTA/7
- Macintosh OS X 10.2.9 or later. Users must download the latest Flash Player from Adobe.
- 1024 x 768 minimum (see notes below)
Late Nite Labs loads into a pop-up browser window to maximize the amount of screen real estate. Some browser tools and settings block pop-up windows and prevent Late Nite Labs from loading. Pop-up blockers must be turned off or configured prior to running the lab simulations.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
- In Internet Options dialog box select the Security tab.
- Click Custom Level button at bottom right. The Security Settings dialog box will pop up.
- Under Scripting category check Active Scripting, Allow paste options via script and Scripting of Java applets.
- Check radio boxes.
- Click OK twice to close out.
The Adobe Flash™ Player is a browser plug-in that enables animations and rich media to be displayed by the browser. Late Nite Labs uses Adobe Flash to create realistic and engaging reproductions of real-life laboratory environment, labware and procedures. The latest Adobe Flash Player can be obtained by clicking the ‘Get Adobe Flash Player’ button located on the Adobe web site.
To find out more about Adobe Flash, follow this link: http://www.adobe.com
The term “screen resolution” refers to the number of individual pixels that fit within a given space. A resolution setting of 1024×768 means that the computer monitor can display up to 1024 pixels horizontally and 768 vertically. This setting can be changed by the user to allow a greater or lesser viewing area. The required screen resolution for viewing Late Nite Labs is 1024 x 768. Changing Screen Resolution from the Control Panel of your PC: Select the Display option and then click the Settings tab from the Display dialog box. Look for the ‘Screen Resolution’ adjuster. The method of adjusting the resolution will differ from PC to PC, but you should be able to select different settings depending on your monitor and hardware setup. Late Nite Labs requires a minimum resolution setting of 1024 x 768 and recommends a 32-bit color quality setting.